Monday, September 11, 2006

And more and more!

Sunday afternoon...

The Sabbath school, morning, and afternoon services were great, very encouraging and strengthening.

Jon^2 (that's both of them) came over after church, bringing Pilgrim's Progress, which I read aloud until it was time to go. Jonathan fell asleep, awakening to me peering down at him (laying on the floor doesn't help you stay awake apparently). He asked what was going on and I told him that Christian had just been killed. "What?! No way!" It was on the discourse between Christian, Faithful, and Talkative just after the Valley of the Shadow of Death and he was tired so that was probably it. I refuse to see all of these "coincidences" of people falling asleep when I read as meaning that I have no tone. Yup, it's just a coincidence I'm sure ;)

The Bible study in Enid was on Hebrews 13 and we got from verse 5 through verse 8 and had some good discussion upon the various points brought up.

Afterwards I talked with Bill for a little while and eventually headed outside. There were some young damsels in distress that Sherrif Dead-Eye had to save from the evil Spider-Monkey (eight legged, furry monkey, Jonathan, bleck!). I'm not sure where he disappeared to, but he would have come in handy later on because those horrible hooligans took Paul the Pole (from Poland) and captured him, taking him off to jail! He escaped but was shot down by one STupendous. Sadly, he never recovered *sniff

On the ride back home Christa begged for a story, so Jonathan told it with me doing the voice effects. He would say a little bit like "Frank the goblin was talking to George the giant one day and he said......."
and I would jump in with something in the whiny goblin voice and respond in the big growly, dumb giant voice.

It turns out that Frank was a conniving little goblin and he wanted George to take candy from Christa and Calvin, George demanded the candy but C and C said no! So Frank decided to trick them and said that the candy was bad. George asked why it was bad so Frank took him aside and explained the plan, but George, being as dumb as he is, repeated everything Frank had said. Very loudly!

Frank got very upset and Calvin and Christa ran off. Soon there was a scarecrow that got blown nearby, so Frank asked him if he would help get the candy for them. The scarecrow agreed but went about it all in the wrong manner and Christa and Calvin again escaped. Frank was furious. Then he found a Rock Ogre and asked him to wait for Calvin and Christa to come along, in exchange for some nice fresh dirt. The Rock Ogre agreed but fell asleep, snoring VERY loudly.

Calvin and Christa felt sorry for Frank and offered him their candy but Frank realized that he really didn't want it after all, and that it would probably give him tooth rot. The end. It was ridiculous but pretty funny at the time! Jonathan and I played off of eachother, my characters adding to the plot and Jonathan narrating.

Then Ben and I chatted for a while about the Catholic church, relics, and Noah's Ark and the possibility of the supposed Mount Sinai not being the real one. He said that someone claimed they had found the garden of Eden and explained why that couldn't be true.

Then I came home and went to bed.

Today, Monday, went well as far as school goes. And in the evening we met at Jonathan's for the Bible study, which went well though we really didn't get into the book yet. Everyone shared their testimonies but there was only 13 people there and that thirteen was composed also of Julianna (the other team leader), Jonathan, myself, JP, Jon Norman, Paul, and Jonathan's friend Mark! So more than half of us were um... kind of planted in a way. There was another young man who is in electrical engineering who is taking two of the same classes (the two with the "fun" group projects) that I had last semester. I wish him luck, muhahahaha!

The testimonies that people gave were very encouraging actually! I didn't hear the usual "well, I've always been a pretty good person" and they were quite Christ-centered and glorifying, speaking of the troubles that they had been brought out of and the people that had been brought into their lives at the right times. It was really a blessing to hear some of them and I thoroughly enjoyed the time.

And I think I'm going to have to close there and go to sleep.

2 Comments:

At 5:36 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's an encouraging note for your Bible study.

The sermons on Sabbath were really good, especially in the morning. I just wish I hadn't always been popping in and out because of this bothered cold.

Oh, my, those stories...! You all should become a traveling troupe, like the troupes in the middle ages, and go around telling stories to people. At least with Christa and Calvin you have an avid audience.

 
At 11:24 AM PDT, Blogger Petr said...

Whats with the goggle thing? Its certainly new.

If you want a good story teller, go to Frodo. She can hold an audience quite well, especially when the story involves kidnappings. I can still remember that one about Ross and his castle on Pluto. :D

oh, bother this signing in thing already. I just lost a couple paragraphs, and then had to right them up agin!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home