Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Updates everywhere!

All right, after a "brief" *cough cough* sojourn, I return to take mastery of my blog. Maybe.

Friday night, as described on F.B.'s blog, I went to Shakespeare in the Park. I had been anticipating it for several weeks and then a day or two before it was to be, was offered a ride by the N's, for which I was thankful. I wasn't sure how I was going to get down there, the W's had said that others from Stillwater might be going but I had no idea who.

Rachel (Evelyn's friend) and Alan's mother were there as well. Once we got there, the W's and P's showed up, Jon and Jon were already waiting for us. The play itself was enjoyable, except for some interpretations, physical innuendos and the like. It was "The Taming of the Shrew" yet they had a different twist on it. It was set in a western town, cowboys and all. I'm really not very good at describing it, but it was enjoyable. My favourite actor was an older gentleman who played the father and came in near the end. He seemed to be a Shakespearean actor and you could just see his experience. My second favourite was Tranio (I think) who played a fussy, prissy little butler-type man. He walked briskly around, always seeming to be nervous about something.

Saturday I worked on some homework and in the afternoon I went over to the P's house for some filming on the upcoming blockbuster: Catgirl. As I was approaching the house, I saw what appeared to be a backhoe that had hit a water line. Then they had turned on a hydrant further on down the street to bleed off the pressure so water was gushing onto the road. A guy pulled past (twice) to wash both sides of his truck.

We started the filming and JD got some good scenes in I think. I just sent him some music for the movie today.

I could have done a blog post that day but I chose to watch an episode of the old black and white Superman instead :D

Sunday was very good. Pastor preached on 2 Cor 4, about the treasure in clay jars. It was a good reminder to me not to think to highly of myself on the one hand because I am just a clay jar and any value I have is because of what Christ has put inside, not me. On the other hand it was a good reminder (in the passage) that we may be beaten, but never defeated! It was an encouraging message and I was thankful for it. That, in conjunction with the communion service and the fellowship we had, made it a very uplifting and strengthening day.

In the evening we finished up Hebrews 12. There was one quote from Brown that I really liked and it was something to the effect of the priestly system being like a scaffolding surrounding a bridge or a building. When the building is being erected, that scaffold serves a very good purpose. When the building is finished, it is no longer needed (like the Levitical system). I appreciated that analogy.

Monday was decent day, though very long, I was on campus from 7:30 in the morning until 3:30 in the afternoon. And I FAILED my freshman composition exam. Well, it's not as bad as that, I may be able to get a re-grade (I spoke to the lady again today). I did fine on the multiple choice part, but when it comes to essay writing, apparently the computer doesn't agree with what I write. Whether that's technical problems of mine or the computer's I don't know. It seems odd to me that they would rely on a computer program to grade essays. They can't follow logic or humour or sarcasm or poetic expression at all.

Tuesday was another simple day. I went to campus at 7:00 and spent my time on the computer doing various things (buying books by Charles Hodge and A.A. Hodge mainly) and then went to my 8:30 discussion. It was over before 9:00 and then I had until 12:30 to work on Statics and Calculus homework (I lugged both of my books around just for that purpose). I finished up everything, even the extra practice homework though.

The lecture was somewhat confusing. I'm not sure if we are supposed to memorize these complicated equations or not. The teacher derived several equations from integrals and substituted other ones and then came up with a "simple" equation for finding the charge at any point in a magnetic field. I'm going to have to look into this further because I was honestly scratching my head when looking at the lecture notes.

Afterwards I ran up to the fifth floor in Math Science to speak to my Calculus instructor, briefly asking him about two of the practice problems (which were very simple, all he had to do was point me in the right direction). I stopped off at Alan's office on the way up and told him about the books I'd bought and then discussed briefly what happens to an infant when he or she dies, I had mentioned it to Liz and him a while back. Then I headed home, where I was contacted by Jonathan who asked if I wanted to meet him at Arby's this evening. So I accepted and I need to be going shortly (about 6 minutes actually). So I won't have time for quotes in this post. There are some excellent ones that I want to share, perhaps I'll get to them later this evening. So much time and so little to do!

Wait. Strike that. Reverse it. Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home