Monday, January 16, 2006

Procrastination

I feel like I should be saying a lot about Saturday, Sunday, and then today, yet I've cut myself short on time by reading too much.

Saturday was really a very quiet day, I spent the time in my camper and I only went out to do laundry and then to take a run to the mailbox aside from my usual routine. I picked up a few items around the camper, set up my speakers (I'd been wanting to do that for some time now) watched a few short video clips that had been sent to me on a CD as a Christmas gift, read a little in my textbooks and in other books I'm working through right now etc.

I also did some more drawing for my Engineering Design class. It's tedious yes, but fun at the same time. I love the lined paper that we use, the graph lines are perfect for me since I do not draw very straight or in very good proportion normally. I have a question on a couple of them so I will be going into school early tomorrow to ask for some help from the instructor.

But other than that it was really very quiet.

Sunday was a special day again, I had been told by Pastor that it would be acceptable for me (if I wanted) to arrive a little early and start getting set up and that (if it was all right with me) it would be fine if I started doing the setup and simply having another family as backup in case I couldn't be there. That sounded very good to me since I am happy to help out in that area and actually do enjoy it. I was afraid I might be "stepping on toes" so to speak but getting there early, I don't want to take anyone's "job," but I would be happy to do it exclusively if they wanted the rest or could spend a little more time at home in the mornings. I don't have a family to get ready, with me it's pretty much just take a shower, quickly comb my hair and brush my teeth (and dress of course) and I'm ready, usually before 7:00 and then after that I twiddle my thumbs or read a little so that arrangement is very agreeable to me. I don't make coffee though.

Mr. N delivered part three of his survey on Romans. Even though it is supposed to be a survey, it really does feel like we are flying through the book, barely stopping to peak at things on the way as they zoom past, it has been good to get an idea of the overall thrust of Romans though, and I appreciate it very much. I do feel that every Sunday, whether in the Sabbath school, the morning or afternoon service, or just during lunch that I am being richly blessed to be surrounded by the people that are there, it has been quite a reward. The reverence toward God in the worship is something I appreciate very, very much as well, as I feel that it is important primarily because it is Scriptural, and one doesn't need another reason! Yet there is also very much a sense of joy as well, at coming into the presence of God and adoring him. Yes, I have been very blessed to have been brought here. Pastor was saying that many times God has brought people into his life at just the right time, well, that is how I feel too.

That evening I hitched a ride with the N's and buried my nose in a book almost the entire way (trying to catch up in the Luke study since I was gone a couple of weeks). An Odyssey CD was playing that I caught most of while reading. I hope I wasn't just catching bits and parts of both, as that wouldn't profit me much. The CD was well done and I enjoyed the dramatization, the voice acting and sound effects. Why radio shows have almost all but ceased (and I mean the entertainment kind) is beyond me. I enjoy the theatre of the mind very much!

The study in Hebrews that evening at the W's house was very good as well, we equally seem to be flying in that study, there is so much that could be said, Owen has something like 7 volumes on Hebrews? It just goes to show that no matter how much men may write on a subject in the Bible, the fountain is inexhaustible, there will always be new things revealed, it is always fresh and we never can completely mine the vast riches it has to offer.

I enjoyed the ride back very much, first discussing what had been going on in F.B.'s school and some of her reading that she had to do. Her blog has a thorough description of the situation and how men try to twist things to their own devious purposes. It hurt her very deeply to see her Lord so blasphemed in that way and it hurt me too. It left much to think upon and it was a fresh reminder of the depravity unto which men are born and wallow in all their lives. Were it not for the grace of God then I should be like that, and it is a sobering reminder.

The topics of discussion on the way home were of a variety of natures and I think Daisy finally had to give up on trying to listen to another Odyssey CD. Sorry about that.

Today was much like Saturday, I used it to get a project report done as well as writing a proposal for the next lab meeting and then doing a bit of reading, there really wasn't much to it other than that.

I did read some humourous discussion today, there was a guy who posted something (nerd talk, you understand) and apparently it could be considered a joke depending on how you look at it. Another guy posted after him and said that he was going to moderate it as funny but then wasn't sure, so he told him that when he tells a joke he needs to put a smiley after it so people will be certain :)

Then another guy posted this, quoting the second:
"A friend once said "the net is large enough that somebody won't get the joke". Therefore, always use a smiley when you're telling a joke. :-)

Poor Willy. For want of an emoticon, Shakespeare's works were lost. If only he could have written:

To be, or not to be: that is the question. :~(

Just think of the treasures we've discarded because humans can't recognize irony or humor!"



I just cracked up when I saw that.

7 Comments:

At 7:38 PM PST, Blogger Marigold said...

For lack of something better...

:-)

 
At 7:39 PM PST, Blogger Shadow said...

*beats head on keyboard*

Well, at least it's not anything out of the um.... ordinary. :-)

 
At 5:03 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes I wonder if the internet really is so wonderful after all. I mean, there are all these shortcuts, and some people online tend to have such notorious spelling--it seems as though the English language will be eclipsed by this new 'net jargon, which uses smiley faces and "lol" as its terminology.

Hopefully, that sad day is a long way off. *grin*

I do wish we could just sit back and study Romans as a book! But I guess that isn't the point of doing a survey....

 
At 9:52 AM PST, Blogger Shadow said...

Oh, you guys (gals) are too funny. Thanks for the laughs here.

i liek ur since ofg hummur.

Now interesting enough, writing in that sort of "shortcut" language as I did on the line above, took me twice as long as it's taken to write this sentence below it.

 
At 10:28 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shadow,

And the line took twice as long to read it ...:-)

-Arwen

 
At 10:34 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

man thats like sweetness dude! lol man! l8ter dude! ttyl dude

:)

 
At 10:40 AM PST, Blogger Shadow said...

Arwen:
Good thing you put that smiley there or I'd have never known that you were being funny! :~)

yah, gr8 d00d. thx 4 drpnig bye.

kk.

kthnxbai.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home