Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Slight Update

I did take my Physics exam on Tuesday and I think it went really well. At least I felt confident that my answers were correct while I was taking it! I have two more this week.

Physics lab.
The previous lab section was late getting out, everyone was frantically working right up to the time for our lab to start. I was worried that we wouldn't be able to finish ours also!

I had done my pre-lab early (like you're supposed to) and it was an exceptionally long one. Most of the students wait until the lab time because the TA goes through it with us and gives us all the answers, but that wastes time in my opinion. While the instructor was going through the pre-lab, my partner was taking notes while I started on the lab, measuring resistors and calculating percent differences from the labeled resistance. I used to go around the old lab back in California and gather up all the resistors and place them in their proper drawers. I still remembered the codes from that so it made it a whole lot easier for this lab!

This was all just time-consuming stuff, there wasn't anything special involved so my lab partner said he didn't feel like he missed out on anything.

Immediately afterward, I set up the circuit and began measuring voltages while he recorded them and made small calculations. We then measured the current at various points. I asked him if he wanted to do it but he said he was fine. I just explained what I did along the way. I told him I wanted to be sure he understood it. I finished the lab and we turned in our reports.

The TA has been getting to know me a bit and he said that it was very impressive. He didn't expect anyone to finish it because this lab they used to allot two weeks for, but now they tried to cram it into one. He had told all of us that if we didn't finish, to go ahead and turn it in anyway. We finished the lab a half hour early and everyone else seemed to be still on the first part (out of four)! The TA told me "You are very good at this, to finish this lab. And not only that but you do top work too." I was beaming, it's such a compliment to hear something like that! Perhaps I should stick with this electrical stuff after all ;)

2 Comments:

At 6:16 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is great you were complimented on your diligence and good work. I am excited for you! GOOD JOB!! It does seem to be your "knack" (circuits). I am glad school is going smoothly this semester and I look forward to hearing more from you :)
Your,
M.O.M.

 
At 5:34 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm glad things went so well in that lab. It's encouraging to know that you're doing what's right. I'm always thankful for my parents' training--I'd be struggling with some dreadful classes this semester if it hadn't been for them.

And I'm so sorry that I haven't gotten to listen to *any* of your Pilgrim's Progress yet! If I have time at home tomorrow or on Sabbath, maybe I'll try to then.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home