Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Slumberings

Okay, it's late (9:29) and I'm about to go to bed, but I'll put a few things up.

Today was rather productive, I didn't have a moment to myself really, but it was productive! Out of the 16 (or about 19 rather) things I had on my "task list" as of this morning, I only have 10 left!

*waits for applause*

*crickets*

Okay, so maybe that doesn't sound too good but it really is. I was too busy this morning to eat breakfast, working on some readings and organizing things to be turned in, as well as research that needed to be done, and the classes this morning were fine. I printed out a bunch of material that I needed to read and lots of lecture notes for the coming week and a proposal and lab agreement that I made up the last couple of days for our lab group (something of a contract).

In between classes I read my books and got most of my reading done for the next week of Engineering. After classes I stayed around a while longer doing more of the same and trying to take this test online for my Digital Logic class. One of the TA's made it and he is VERY notorious for really difficult quizzes. You can take the quiz as many times as you want, but each time the questions are randomized (out of a set of 20 or something) so you can't tell which ones you got wrong! I took the exam 20 times today and the best I got was a 9 out of 10. And only about 2 of those questions (out of the 20) could be answered from what we learned in class, the rest I had to search on google for and try to track down!

I told him his quizzes were evil.

I came home for a couple of hours and worked on some more schoolwork and then went this afternoon to the lab and worked for about 2 and a half hours trying to get our circuit going. Me and the other guy on our team were the only people there because labs were cancelled this week. Our other lab members should have been there as well (we planned to work on the circuit) but it was just two of us. And we didn't really get any closer to solving the problem so we're going to meet Thursday as well.

Then after that was a physics help session. The guy does and excellent job and I really appreciate him taking the time to do it. I learn a lot from it even though I don't think I'm struggling at all in the class. I've gotten a perfect score on everything so far (quizzes and attendance basically). We'll see how it goes when the exam comes next week though.

After that (which ended at 7:40) I went to the computer labs and printed out some more documents and redesigned one of my drawings for the AutoCAD because a couple of the lines looked a little off to me. It looks much better now and I'll be ready to submit them all Friday then.

After not having breakfast, having one small burrito for lunch, and now it was after 8:00.... well, I'd been promising my stomach all day that I'd buy it dinner at the Chinese buffet if it would stop grumbling at me, and being a man of my word, that's what I did. It was very delicious and now I'm full and sleepy so I'm going to head off to bed.

Thinking about it though, this past week or two I've been putting in oh, sometimes 12 hour days of just school and studying! From 6-7 is usually "my" time, to read the Scripture and share the devotional online, then it's off to school and reading from there with very short breaks until about 9:00 at night, when I finish up the devotional and study for the evening and write a blog post and try to wind things down. Busy time yes, I hope I can keep up with it all as we go through the semester. When am I ever going to have time to study for exams? I don't know!

2 Comments:

At 5:08 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, dear, it sounds as though you've got some of the same troubles I do (though I usually stay up till 11:30 or past midnight). Part of it is the interruptions, which I'm sure you don't have as much of where you live--people are always stopping by my dorm room to talk, and I feel so rude to turn them away and say, "Nope, can't talk, I need to go to sleep!"

I hope your studying goes well. It's rather disheartening that only one other person came for the lab. Today in one of my classes we're supposed to go on a field trip. Since I don't have a car, I have to ride with a complete stranger--we'll see how *that* goes.

 
At 5:16 AM PST, Blogger Shadow said...

Well, I try to GET in bed by 9:00 but I haven't been going to sleep until 10:30 (like last night) or 11:30 (like last week) because there is so much to do between the computer and the bed, even if it IS only 10 feet away! Then in bed I have to read a little so I feel like the entire day wasn't spent on school.....

You seem to get up early too, a comment regularly at 7:00 in the morning, I'm usually up at 6:00. I don't know if you have time to take any naps in the day but I know I don't and even if I tried it would take too long for me to get to sleep so it wouldn't be worth it.

I know what you mean but not being able to turn people away. There have been a couple of times where that happened online (which is why I don't log into AIM, I guess that's rather selfish) and in person here, but generally it's quiet yes. But I can't turn anyone down either, I'll try to make every gathering, every meeting etc. and so far I've been able to handle it. I'm looking at my schedule today and tomorrow and I think I'll be able (D.V.) to finish all my projects up, which would be great.

I do hope your trip goes well, I know how it might be disturbing to ride with a complete stranger.... like you did to the F house I suppose, but you had your brother there as well. I hope she's.... friendly?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home