Thursday, January 19, 2006

Discombobularissafication

That's about the best I can come up with Tlepolemus :~(

I honestly can't talk too much today, I did classes, then did some studying in my Physics textbook (for two hours. Ug) and we have a quiz in Physics tomorrow and I have questions about the material and there is Calculus homework to do and other things, so I've honestly got to get busy.

It was one of those days where I figured that I would have lots of time but after meeting with Pastor today (at 1:30 and going until 3:00) I invited J. Nathan to come over to my camper for lunch (neither of us had eaten) so we walked to his car which was closer, then he drove me to my car (on the other end of campus) and then we both drove out here. It was a good time and we discussed a lot of things. I think it was good for him to get some things off of his mind and I did enjoy the discussion we had, mainly about world views and biblical things, the mission trip he went on and other things. But it did comsume a lot of time, he left just before eight o'clock this evening so a lot of my "plenty of time" just kind of sprouted wings and flew away....

But I don't regret it, I think it was good for the both of us just to fellowship a little and I hope I was something of an encouragement to him as he comes across so many people who "just don't get it" or "just don't care" too much about the Bible and trying to live a godly life. For example, those people who come to a Bible study (at the college I believe) and the talk constantly strays to things that have nothing to do with the Bible or Christ or anything scriptural and then don't want to get back to the study. What you talk about the most really does signify what you care about the most I would say, and it's a reminder to myself as well.
Oh, we played Smash Bros a little, he beat me a couple of times and I beat him a couple of times, it was fun. I've got things to do!

2 Comments:

At 7:49 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shadow,

I've got a book you might want to look at some time. It's called How to Read a Book by Adler and Van Doren. Gandalf is reading it for school. It's not a speed reading book, but it's a how to get the most out of reading kind of book. It discusses the various levels of reading a book and how to really have discussion with the author.
Gandalf just walked in from robotics and said, "wow, the first to comment!"

-Arwen

 
At 5:10 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I think this is one of your shortest posts. :)

I understand that feeling of having lots of things to do, but using all that "spare time" to be with a friend. Sometimes, it's like that here--I really want to be with certain people, and I end up spending an hour talking to them over lunch or whatever, when really I should be studying or working on a paper. Sometimes I wish we could live an hour once, then go back and reuse it and live it over again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home