Thursday, November 17, 2005

What too due

Well, last night was another chilly night but I didn't mind. I woke up with a slightly sore throat but it soon went away after gargling some Dr. Thunder (it's me tonic guv'nor!). Who do you see when you need help? Dr. Thunder! I'd also see Dr. Pepper if he didn't charge so much per visit.

I was very busy, I had a Calculus problem still to solve since I had made a mistake somewhere in setting it up and then an assignment due in Economics tomorrow and my book that I was supposed to write my answers to some questions for the next meeting with Pastor (today). I honestly didn't put it off, I had read through the book but didn't have time to really think about the answers yet what with the chemistry exam on Wednesday (I'm glad that's over and I felt very good about it). So this morning I got up and had Calculus for breakfast. After that I hurried to class because I was "late" as I call it. Normally I get there at least twenty minutes early. This morning it was barely ten early. I was so ashamed.

The teacher gave me some help on problems in Engineering I'm supposed to do but one of them she said requires three dimensional Calculus and I'm not up to that level yet. We did an evaluation for her today and again, I was the last one, most filed out as soon as they had filled in the bubbles but I like to write comments on the back as well and they have spaces for you to do that. I really do like her, she isn't quite as professional as my other Calculus teacher (he was one of the best teachers ever) but she is certainly willing to help the students and try to make it easy for them to understand. My only comment under "Course Difficulty" was "It was too easy, you need to toughen up those big babies." Because she is fairly easy on even the lazy ones, and they'll take every inch you give them!
"Oh come on! You can let us out early this once Mrs. M!"
"You said you thought it could be done that way so that is why I solved the problem without Calculus Mrs M!"
Well, yes, she did say she thought it was POSSIBLE to do it that way, but should you actually do it? I think not. It's a Calculus course! Use what you've learned!

I really do enjoy her as a teacher though.

After class I went to the computer lab and finished up my Lab for today (so I could leave early and meet with Pastor) and printed it out, then I set to work on the Program due next Tuesday and was able to complete that as well. Then I worked out the problems Mrs. M helped me with and sent them to my Engineering Instructor. Then I e-mailed Mr. Van and asked him if he had any suggestion for an Engineering project and he did give me a good one.

So I'm fairly squared away right now. I do have more Calculus homework that was assigned today and due next Wednesday, the rest of the Economics assignment, and my design for the projectile we're supposed to create. I suppose if I am assigned more Java homework then I'll have that too. I feel much more free than I did the last couple of days though with everything crashing down upon me.

Tonight I am attending a banquet with Phi Kappa Phi, the honour society for Engineering Students, they are supposed to give some awards or something but all I really care about is the food! It's included in the initiation fee I think so I might as well go. I hope they don't call my name. I specifically asked on the form that they not mention anything about me.

The last couple of nights as my "break" from my work, I watched through a Sherlock Holmes movie with Basil Rathbone. I don't care for how they portray Watson (he's the comic relief) but it was very good overall. I do like Basil Rathbone (he played Ravenhurst in Court Jester when he was a little older). I love black and white movies and they seem to be much more wholesome and generally have a better plot than the newer movies. I forget what this one was called but it had the Dancing Men code in it, from the Sherlock Holmes short story called.... The Dancing Men. When I first read that I immediately got some paper and a pencil and wrote down as much of the alphabet as I could, I absolutely love codes! Another friend of mine I found out had also read the story so I sent a message in the code and that friend decoded it and we sent messages back and forth for a time. It takes a long time to write though......

It has suddenly occurred to me that this post is very boring. Perhaps I should terminate it.

3 Comments:

At 8:50 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The "Dancing Men" is one of my favorite Sherlock Holmes stories, too.

We're going to have to fill out evaluations here pretty soon. No one really likes having to fill them out--the professors don't like it because it takes up class time, and the students don't like it because *hem* it's boring.

Peppermint tea is good for colds, too. (As I've discovered this week!)

 
At 9:21 AM PST, Blogger Shadow said...

It turns out that I may have just held my mouth wrong while sleeping because I've had no other "ill" effects (haha). Frodo Baggins? Curious.

 
At 12:25 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

gotta love those puns!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home