Wednesday, November 16, 2005

The Shadow Froze!

The temperature decreased to about 270 degrees Kelvin last night! It was rather chilly I must admit. I dislike using the heater and I enjoy cold nights so I curled up in a fetal position in my bed with my face exposed to the crisp air and toes wrapped snugly in the blanket. Getting settled in at first was a bit cold because well..... the covers were freezing! Have you ever bicycled in bed to use friction to generate a little heat?

But oh boy how well I slept. I woke up in the morning feeling like a million dollars. The Tarzan yell and beating on the chest at 6:00 in the morning will attest to that. Combine that with a positively crisp and beautiful day and you've got an spirit that is indomitable and full of praise. How can the unrighteous live like they do? They don't see the beauty and glory of every day, they can't possibly see it the same way that a believer does.

This morning I found I had 125 messages in my queue to answer, though thankfully most of them were just out-of-office responses. But still... 125 is a lot! I took my test in Chemistry (which I felt very confident about) and now I'm at the camper, eating a little and then going back to Chemistry Lab for the afternoon. Hopefully it will be better than the last lab, which was a disaster because the material we were doing in lab had not been covered in class yet (it was just introduced today, 1 week later). So we were trying to do calculations and diagrams of something we knew absolutely about! The TA tries to be helpful, but being from India, the communication barrier sometimes is a problem. She just doesn't know how to explain it properly and it's not her fault.

But combined with the fact that I have to leave again soon, and that I have to come up with a projectile design for next Monday, do some calculus problems for the Engineering class, work on Program 7 due next Tuesday in Java, do the homework for the same, finish the lab early tomorrow so I can meet with Pastor and work on a Economics assignment for Friday (AND be free Saturday hopefully) well.... the sum of the above is equal to adieu.

3 Comments:

At 2:13 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats a funny title

It was cold this morning, even though I didnt notice it because inside, it was 40 degrees warmer than it was outside.

 
At 2:14 PM PST, Blogger Shadow said...

Yeah, I liked the title too. I thought of it last night and couldn't wait to use it the next day. Well, it WAS cold in here because I didn't turn on the heat. So it may have been a few degrees warmer inside but not much :)

 
At 7:19 PM PST, Blogger e said...

*brrr* No heat. Yes, I've often thought that unbelievers must have a pretty dreary life of it. Everything is so much more wonderful when you can constantly share it with Someone and thank Him for it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home