Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Three months?!

Yike! Time to dust this off!

I am very, very, very seriously thinking about shutting this down after post 200. Since I've only got three posts to go after this one, that's a good possibility.

Well let's see, some brief recollections....

Friday and Saturday, enjoying the fact that it was the last day of classes, spending some time visiting my family, surprising my brother with a cool "punch card" piece of an old Fortran program.

Hauling hay, playing frisbee, watching my mother's team play soccer (she's coach). Girls running, parents yelling excitedly.

Travel home, planning to work on a project, delighted to find it was canceled. Alone in the house, walking in the park, throwing the frisbee around while listening to a lecture on my iPod. Climbing a tree and enjoying the scene as dusk settled. Prayer. Walking home.

Sunday and communion. Time with friends. Frisbee with the kids in Enid. Nerf-dart guns in the Wagner's living room (Mr Wagner shooting Beth). Austin back in town.

Studying for Motors most of the day Monday, feeling prepared. Monday morning getting crushed by the exam. It really is the least favourite class I have ever had.

Monday evening going out to supper with the Jon's at New China Buffet. Then seeing "Expelled" about Intelligent Design vs. Evolution with Ben Stein. Quite entertaining and stimulating.

Now going to work. Glad to be completely done with three classes so far.

8 Comments:

At 9:12 AM PDT, Blogger Petr said...

If it's enough motivation, I'll keep clicking on links for you. Zat okay?

 
At 1:26 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Previous told me you had posted.

Fortran? Punch cards? I learned on those. Nothing like watching the infinite do-loop with your name on the top keep going and going and going... on the mainframe computer printout so everyone could see how stupid you were.

And then there was the time I finally figured out that I needed out of computer science - I dreamed that I was talking in Fortran to people. Memories- and not always so pleasant.

Everyone here is a week behind you.

 
At 2:11 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good weekend in southwestern Oklahoma, at any rate, though I wish the exam hadn't been so hard for you. Thanks for posting again. :o)

 
At 2:12 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good weekend in southwestern Oklahoma, at any rate, though I wish the exam hadn't been so hard for you. Thanks for posting again. :o)

 
At 5:07 PM PDT, Blogger Unknown said...

Ooh, I want to see "Expelled." I heard it was really good.

I'm sorry about the exam.

I was going to gasp and disparage the shutting of blogs down, but then I remembered a blog or two which I mercilessly abandoned in the past and am going to keep my mouth quiet about it. I suppose I understand.

 
At 6:43 AM PDT, Blogger Unknown said...

Your blog would be missed but I know time is valuable.

 
At 9:58 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha, ha...joke on me. I quit looking for an update, and here you've had one for some time. Well, these blogs do take up time, but they've been fun . If they're not serving their purpose anymore, I guess I can sympathize with your feeling about not continuing to post. But can't you leave it up still? Is it necessary to erase it so that we can't refer to it if we want to? I guess that's your call, though...
Still...thanks for the update.
-Arwen

 
At 9:58 AM PDT, Anonymous Boob said...

La corrupción en FOGUAVI, ha sido denunciada y atacada incluso por los miembros de su Junta Directiva,Fernando PaizMaselli representante de ANACOVI ante la junta directiva del Fondo Guatemalteco para la Vivienda, nos comenta las batallas libradas dentro de la junta directiva de FOGUAVI y relata cómo el fantasma de la corrupción y el tráfico de influencias tienen sometida a esta institución.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home